TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Ogram my panasonic tv model number th-39lru6, 2013 model

Customer Question
ogram my panasonic tv model...
ogram my panasonic tv model number th-39lru6
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2013 model number th-39lru6
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i cant with original remote autoprogram
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just how to autoprogram this tv in menu it does not give me that option
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/10/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Please elaborate on the problem here.

Was the TV working fine before and then came up with an auto-program message?

Is the TV connected to a cable or SAT box of some sort?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tv is fine i just cant autoprogram when i push menu button on remote it does not give me option to scan and autoprogram channels

Okay you're not understanding what I'm asking you. What I'm asking is IF you were watching regular programming before and then the auto-program message popped up? Or is this the FIRST time setting up the TV?

Also what is connected to it (for example: Cable/SAT box, HDTV antenna, etc.)?

The details I'm asking for are needed to solve the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok here is deal tv is not first time being turned on we switched from cox to direct tv which has a different channel line up so i needed to auto program new channels in tv i push menu button with remote that came with tv and there is no option were i can auto program

Thanks. Assuming you're using a COAXIAL cable from the DirecTv box, to the TV and not an HDMI cable then you will need to run a scan and this is in a different part of the MENU. So first, is the box using a coaxial cable to the TV, or an HDMI cable please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
coax
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this is 600 room hotel there is no box in room coax cable directly from wall

This is one of those sets with no real manual. However the short booklet shows simply entering manual channel numbers and no scan function. What happens if you manually enter channel 61 using the remote does it take it?

Okay then what we need to do is FIND the channel that DTV transmits on, as no auto scan is needed.

Turn your DTV box on and then manually enter channel 3, then scroll UP the channels one at a time and let me know if any of these give you programming from the DirecTv box.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this is not direct tv problem just want to auto program channels can i factory reset this tv and how do i do this
TV Technician: Master Fix It, Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician
Phone call session started

Good morning, I tried to reach you but got no answer, please let me know your time zone and the best time to call you back.

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can call now

Ok sounds good please give me 5 minutes on another call;-)

Thanks for your patience;-)

Tech Mike

Hey Mike it was a pleasure speaking with you this morning on the phone., here is a link to a free copy of your user manual, you can save it to you computer as a fav, or print each page etc;-)

Let me know how it goes;-)

Thank you

Tech Michael

Please visit: https://www.manualslib.com/products/Panasonic-Th-39lru6-3087761.html

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Michael I shut TV down for 2hrs did not reset I also down loaded manual had no info on how to autoprogram or even how to get to setup menu
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mike unplugging of TV and manual was no help is there anything else I can try?

Hi, if you have followed the setup instruction in the user manual and that didn't not work, you need technical service due to a bad component in the TV,

It does happen there is an IC that can fail and cause this issue.

The best place for that is Sears or Best Buy. They also offer in home service;-)

I wish I had better news for you , I really do.

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is hospitality tv
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Designed to keep guest from changing settings must be code to get into it

Oh if you dont have the code, that is different. Let me knwo if that is the issue?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Seems to me that is problem do you know if it's standard code or able to change code or even how I would be able to get code or what buttons to hit on remote to access code or password

Hi, I will check on that. But that info I can only get during the week from the manufacturer. I will see whats avaiable on Monday when they open.

I will let you know the proceedure then;-)

Hopefully thats all the issue is;-)

Have a great weekend!

Tech Mike

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Mike I appreciate all your help

Hey, your very welcome;-)

Please rate kindly at this time; and have a great Saturday!

Tech Mike

Master Fix It
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician