Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Last night my LG Smart TV went black with squigly lines

Customer Question

Good Morning! Last night my LG Smart TV went black with white squigly lines going up and down. I have tried everything. Sound is still there but no picture.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No to both. I will unplug it now and get back with you. Thanks!
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes the I can get to the sources/inputs
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just picked up the remote and tried to change the channel
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.....should I go ahead and unplug the tv?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

First thing to do is reboot the TV and any box (satellite or cable) you may be using by unplugging BOTH from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again let me know if there is any change please...

Anthony

If we are lucky and this works out could you please rate teh answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you 3 to 5 stars click submit thanks again

Anthony

How is this working out please?

Anthony

Please reply in the box below thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Didn't work!

OK we move on...

Please whilst the fault is there press themenu button of the sets OWN remote control does the menu come up normally please?or is this affected?or does no menu come up?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please don't call me.....I think it might be the Dish network box. Will let you know.

No one will call so long as you do not accept the phone offer, we can work this out its your call

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Menu and Home both come up.

It is in that case very likely (assuming you have rebooted the box) to be either the box itself bad OR the lead from the box to the TV, if its HDMI please replace that lead as we do have a lot of trouble with those

Anthony

In the case of dish that also includes the dish itself LNB (electronics at dish itself)

If you need more help let me know, ultimate proof >>>if you try another input like a DVD player and that works as I suspect it will then that clears the TV as being responsible

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Was not the Dish box - I changed it out and the TV is still doing the same thing.

If you try another input like a DVD does that work?

Have you swapped the HDMI lead (assuming you are using one)?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Was not the Dish box - I changed it out and the TV is still not working. Dish Network is sending a tech out here by noon - will let you know if he decides if it is the TV or the connector

I can tell you if it is the TV if you try another input like already outlined, you have the info, you could not work this out, seemingly now you can, if you do not wish to continue please just say I have paying customers waiting thank you

I can also tell you that 99.9% of the time we get this issue it IS the box one way or another so your replies are not making sense please read above thanks