Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

No sound. Samsung LED Series 6, model 6030 and it is three

Customer Question

No sound.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung LED Series 6, model 6030 and it is three years old. I have a sound bar attached and disconnected it to use just the TV sound and no matter how high I raised the volume I still did not get any sound.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV goes on and I can change the channels, but I have no sound.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The TV was workingmen last night and when I went to turn the TV on tonight is when the issue arose.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Serial number is *****
Cable DVR and DVD player are connected. I do not know if they have the same problem.
My wife just unplug everything and we got sound back, but there was a wide bad of black in vertically in the middle of the picture. When the picture came filled the entire screen the voice went away.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have ruled out the cable provider because we have other TV's in the house and they work fine.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

If TV gives sound problem only with cable channels but you get sound when watch DVD or any other video source then the issue would be within cable box which isn't sending out sound signals to TV and rebooting the cable box will fix the problem.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

I just got phone call request from your side, it would cost you additional $26 so please confirm to proceed OR feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the sound problem here in text chat.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I unplugged everything when you mentioned it and just plugged it back in. Same problem occurred.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, we need to try another video source to confirm the TV is fine or has got internal issue.

Is there any DVD player connected to TV?

If so, please playback a disc as a test to check sound output. Is it OK or still no sound?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
DV D player has sound.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you still there? I put a DVD in the DVD player and when it loaded there was sound. I went back to the TV and there is still no sound.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please cancel my downpayment. I am not satisfied at all. I Still have the problem and no suggestions on how to fix it. And my technician has left me flat. I am shutting my computer down now and will try the Geek Squad tomorrow.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Sorry about delayed reply, I was away from computer.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Since you get sound when play DVD that means TV itself is just fine and possible causes for no sound on channels is either cable box has got internal issue with sound processor and isn't sending out sound signals to TV OR the connection cable(s) between TV and cable box are not plugged securely/ tight.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

I would recommend to check the cable(s) runs between cable box and TV to make sure it is plugged securely and tight, if all looks good then again reboot the cable box that should fix the problem.

If still no sound on cable channels then I'm afraid you would need to call your cable company to replace the cable box to resolve the problem. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.