TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

No power at all. Less than 2 years model e32-c1. Electrical

Customer Question
No power at all. JA: What's...
No power at all.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: less than 2 years model e32-c1
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: nope
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: electrical storm near house. this was the only electronic device affected immediately after the storm
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I replaced the power board with a new one and still no power.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/9/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

A few requests for information coming now ….…..

Sorry you are having problems here...

Is there any power-light lit or blinking on the front of the set?if lit solid what color is it please?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nope.

Hello

In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set (that also means taking the set to a known good wallsocket and bypassing any surge protector) the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powerboard itself.

Please let me know if you can do work or need more info

Regards

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there?

Please see my reply above yours

If this is something you are not comfortable with you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I purchased a brand new powerboard and swapped it out in place of the old one. Still no power.

Aaah sorry I did not see that at the bottom...

In that case then the mainboard has took a hit or both have, I usually replace both

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When you say mainboard is that the same as the "mother-board"?

You need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the board with all the AV connectors on,now take the board out by unplugging it and unscrewing it from the chassis,look on the board for the part number this will be on a sticky label or etched on the board (you may need to try different codes on the board) then initially try www.shopjimmy.com, if they dont have it google the partnumber only, fitting is the reverse of taking out plug and play.

The reason why the part-number must be used is because there may be different part-numbers in the same model that are not interchangeable (upto 5 different types) so that is why you must use it from the original board.

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony

Mainboard has all the inputs on, best to leave both boards in assuming you can get it cheap

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Will give it a shot. I am signing off for now. I'm out. Thanks.

Please remember the rating before you go.....I will still be around for 30 days thanks, ***** ***** the only way I am credited by the site thank you............

Do you need any more help with this please?

Please understand this format of questions and answers is a good faith onethe good faith comes from yourself when you get a satisfactory answer, that good faith is actioned when you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page 3 to 5 stars thank you, ***** ***** the question does not close and remains open for 30 days thanks again.Rating me positively will allow the site to release credit to me thank you

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician