TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

What are the setup code(s) for the Sony STR-DH720? The make

Customer Question
what are the setup code(s)...
what are the setup code(s) for the Sony STR-DH720?
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: The make model is Sony STR-DH720. When I sybc it with my Comcast remote I can't adjust the volume on the STR AV Receiver
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just happened. Somehow the settings of TV and AV receiver synced on my comcast remote got messed up. I resynced them and all is working fine except I can't adjust the TV volume from the rAV rcvr from the comcast remote (it only adjusts the volume from the TV). It used to do it from the AV Rcvr. The Sony codes I have from comcast for audio recvrs are 31759, 30158, 31758. All of these work for turning on / off the recvrs frpm comcast remote but not volume ctl.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/9/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

This actually isn't just a matter of the codes, if it is controlling anything on the receiver (power, etc) then you should be fine there,

instead the issue is that you reprogrammed the remote or it was somehow reset. You now have to change the control mode of the comcast remote, if you look in the comcast programming for your particular remote, you should see something called "aux mode" or "amp mode", which has the effect of telling the remote what device the volume keys should default to, and you want it to go to the receiver not the tv. Once that aux volume setting is enabled, you should be all set, but let me know if you get stuck and I'll help you through.

Thanks,
Natahn

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nathan, I don't see the button you're referring to. There is an "Aux" button and I used it to enter the AV code during setup. Is this the button you're referring to?

No I'm referring to a programming mode,

when done properly, when you hit volume the aux button should actually light up each time you press volume (instead of tv) which would confirm the source of the problem.

This is a switching mode issue that has to be programmed into the remote, but you'll have to check the documentation for your specific comcast remote for that process, they have 100+ different remote models.

Nathan, Installer