TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My insignia wireless head phone mold. # NS-whp does not work

with my sansui TV/ wshay? JA...
My insignia wireless head phone mold. # NS-whp does not work with my sansui TV/ wshay?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Insignia is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: NS-P 314 digital wireless stereo head phone about 3 years old.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes. It worked on my other TN and I had to change the TV i'm using to myh LR. Now head set wont work
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Two days. It started when the Verizon TV man c hanged my tV's from one room to the othner. The headset in the other room works.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My TV is a san sui. Does that matter?
11/8/2016
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Can you tell me the model number of tv, please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NS-WHP314

Yes that is the headphones, but can you give me the Sansui TV model please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hdlcd3250B
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sansui tv
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is this info helping

Yes that is what I needed, please give me a few moments to reply

First you need to be sure you're using the audio OUT ports, and then go into the tv settings under audio, and set the audio out format to FIXED (not variable) and let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did exCtly what you said to do not worling
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm 85 this is very stressful. I don't think you are solving my problem I know you are trying thanks for thst
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
R u still there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did all of that and it still does not work. I don't believ you are solving my problem. I know you are trying and I thank you for that. Are you still here???
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did u sign off and not tell me

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Louise, are you saying you do have the sansui audio set to FIXED (not variable) and you are connected to the red/white audio OUT (not inputs) on the back of the tv?
Are you sure that the input switch on the insignia base is in the right position?

What INPUT device are you using to the sansui tv currently? A cable or satellite box? Antenna? What connection for that - hdmi, coax, etc?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
verizon set top box
fiosI am not able to do all this moving of things to get model numbers, etc. IO still can not use the headset. Please rerfund my deposit. Thank you.

I'm just the tech, spending my own personal time here trying to help, but I do need some basic details to be able to do so. That is the only possible way to help you.

I would like to do so, if you can get someone else to perhaps look up that information for you. I have no access to any account matters, that may all be addressed from the help page.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My niece will be here on Saturday and she'll have to check this out and get back to you./

Great thank you Louise, I'll look forward to hearing back from you then.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tery is here to answer any questions you have .
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She checked everything you asked be about previously. Can we go forward now?

Yes I'm here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can we call you on the phone which is near TV?

I've sent an optional phone support offer at your request. If you prefer we can continue here in the chat format as well. Just let me know either way.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I said yes and now I have waited 10 min for yopu to process my p[aypal payment. What is going on ?? I'm not tgoo happyh at this poin t.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I want to cncel this additional payment and continue on chat.Terry has to leave soon

Nothing was processed or accepted for the call.

I still needed some additional information from you:

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Lets chatg n ow, plwease.

I am happy to chat, but I cannot help you without the requested information.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
a verizon cable box

What connection for that box to the tv - hdmi, coax, etc?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hdmi

Okay, that is the root of the problem.

The sansui is a very basic model tv, it cannot output sound to your headphones from the hdmi connected box, and that is why the connection to the transmitter is not working.

Look on the back of the verizion box, if there is a set of red/white rca plugs there, you can hook the headphone transmitter there.

If not, we'll need to go another router. Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i hooked them into the audio out slots(not the variable out put ones) dont see "rca" label, but they are the red + white audio out

They aren't labeled as rca, that is just a type, they'd be on the back of the cable box, red and white ports audio out

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok got it to work the verizon tech had other audio wires already in these slots: I removed them and put the headphone ones in and we are ok!!

Great! Glad that worked for you!

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

You're very welcome.

Nathan, Installer
Nathan, Installer