TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I need to resize the picture to fit the screen and I don't

Customer Question
have a remote controll JA: What's...
I need to resize the picture to fit the screen and I don't have a remote controll
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: nsl220-10a
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can get the menu up
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I moved and just unpacked the tv last evening - it was working fine before the move
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/8/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, This issue can either be caused by the cable/SAT remote (there are generally picture size options on there), or the TV's internal settings. First try using the cable remote and look for the following buttons:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Next, on the actual Insignia remote, there is a button towards the top right of the remote labeled "Zoom", also try pressing that a few times to see if this binges the picture to the correct size.

If neither of those work, then reply back with the Brand and Model of the Cable Box (for example: Explorer 4340HD etc.) and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am connected to a laptop not to cable

Then use the TV remote's Zoom button as I stated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not have a remote control ffor the tv

Thanks, ***** ***** good to know. I unfortunately will have to opt out at this time.

Aric, Technician