TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The picture is too big for my 42" TV TC-42AS63OU it just

Customer Question
grew recently. JA: What's the make/model...
The picture is too big for my 42" TV TC-42AS63OU it just grew recently.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic 2 year old again TC-42AS63OU
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: one week pushed buttons on the remote
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I,m at the computer not at the TV
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/8/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Can you tell me how you are getting your tv channels (cable box, satellite, etc)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
cable box

Thank you,.

This problem with the picture size could be coming from either the tv OR the box

Grab the cable box remote and look for a button that says ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, etc
You may need to press this several times to cycle through the different options,
and you may have to make a similar adjustment on the tv as well, until you get them both to a desired setting
typically you'd want the cable box set on 16:9 or Wide
and you'd want the tv set on Normal or 16:9

It can take a bit of fiddling to get them both matched up, but you should have a button for this function on both the tv remote and on the box remote, and will have to use both.

Thank you,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Nathan, Installer