TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have the Playstation Now app on my TV and today I tried to

Customer Question
connect the controller device to...
I have the Playstation Now app on my TV and today I tried to connect the controller device to the TV but the TV says that it doesn't recognize the USB
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: It's a Sony (Bravia, I think) and I tried to connect the device via one of the USB ports
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I'm a grandma and was trying to set this up to surprise my grandsons. I tried to find some answers on the internet...with no luck.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I don't think so
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/8/2016
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

If you do the following

Connect the DualShock 4 and the Sony TV's USB port using the USB cable.

Press the PlayStation button on the DualShock 4 to turn on the controller.

Does the controller’s lightbar solidly light up?

Let me know please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could the fact that they have a Samsung TV be what's messing it up since Play Station is a Sony product? They can't get both audio & video on the TV at the same time.

yes a the procedure I gave was for the Sony TV's

If it is Samsung, please follow the instructions on my link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00039637/

Let me know please how you go

Richard, Technician