TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Cannot receive channel 44; No Signal appears on screen.

Customer Question
Why?? JA: What's the model number...
Cannot receive channel 44; No Signal appears on screen. Why??
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Sony Bravia LCD, purhased 8/15/06
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I have no problem wiith any other Boston TV station. The last time I could access a program was Monday, 10//31; since then, "No Signal"---help!
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: As I said...on 10/31. Only 44 is not received. I should tell you I do not have cable TV...just regular Broadcast TV. I receive channels 2, 4, 5, and many other Mass. and RI stations.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: About 2 weeks ago on a weekend, all Boston stations lost power because of a severe rain and wind storm. I live in West Warwick, R.I
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/7/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Are you saying you use an HDTV antenna on the TV please (specifics are paramount)?

Also, what is the full model number off of the back of your Sony?

I'm unsure why you're unable to reply, but do you need help with this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry for the delay! I live in a condo complex; there is a TV antenna on the building.

Can you get the model number off the back of the TV so we can try to re-scan for channels?

Also, have you checked with the neighbors to see if they get channel 44?

All of this is relevant in solving this.

Sorry, I'm not available by phone and a phone call isn't really going to help with this. I need the full model number off of the back of the TV in order to do anything at this point.

I also need to know if your neighbors have channel 44. Let me know if you need help with this question.

Since you're not replying, I will opt out.

TV Technician: Master Fix It, Appliance Repair Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Appliance Repair Technician
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is now Tuesday, 11/8; I am waiting for a phone call from Aric or another agent. You have my phone number--(401)(###) ###-#### The model number of my SONY BRAVIA is KDL-V26XBR1. If you call and I don't answer, leave a message and I will return your call. I usually do not answer when I am home until I can identify the caller after my "greeting" is over, and then I pick up the phone. So, be patient with me--I am 89 years old! Eager to hear from you....to tell me why channel 44 tells me "No Signal."
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Today is Thursday, 11/10 and I have not received a phone call from you to answer my question for which you have already charged me on my credit card. You had no right to charge me until you provided me with an answer, as your policy states. Therefore I expect you to refund the $26.oo you charged to my credit card ending in 3857. I received the answer today from another source in Boston: CHANNELS 44, 4, and 5 sustained interference with transmission from a collapsed tower in the Blue Hills...and are still trying to repair the problem. I would appreciate a confirmation from you regarding my refund. Thank you.. My account number is ***** and Order ID is 16807951-333.
Aric, Technician