TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

MODEL # LTV32W6HD. SCREEN STARTED ROLLING IN BLACK AND,

Customer Question
MODEL # LTV32W6HD. SCREEN STARTED...
MODEL # LTV32W6HD. SCREEN STARTED ROLLING IN BLACK AND WHITE, WON'T STOP. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: LTV32W6HD 8-10 YEARS OLD
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: YES
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: COUPLE OF DAYS, NOTHING HAPPENED BEFORE
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/7/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Is tthe tv`s own menu also affected by this or shows up normal ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I HAVE A WESTINGTON HOUSE TV MODEL # LTV32W6HD. THE SCREEN IS ROLLING IN BLACK AND WHITE AND WON'T STOP
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THE MENU SCREEN SHOW UP NORMAL

O.k then

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
CABLE BOX ONLY

O.k then it is possibly the problem if the TV's own menu shows up normal .

We`ll try a reboot

Pull the cable box power cord 30 secs and try it again , in the mean time pull out its connectors going to the tv and right back in securely

Let me know how that goes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I AM RE BOOTING AS WE SPEAK, I TRIED TO LOOK AT OTHER INPUTS AND NOW I ONLY HAVE A BLUE SCREEN NO PICTURE AT ALL JUST A SOLID BLUE SCREEN

Just keep pressing the input button once you have the cable box plugged back in and you`ll get back to it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
RE-BOOT COMPLETE...SOLID BLUE SCREEN

You changed the input , go back to the one where the cable box is connected

Are you using a HDMI cable by the way or color coded cables ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I DID AND IT IS A SOLID BLUE SCREEN

Where is your cable box connected in the tv ?

Look at your wiring and set your tv to that input and if you still have nothing then your cable box gave up the ghost

Do you happen to have something like a dvd or even an old vcr you could try on the tv ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I HAVE NO OTHER DEVICES
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
DO YOU THINK IT IS THE CABLE BOX?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
CABLE GOES FROM THE CABLE BOX INTO ANTENNA

O.k then so you are set with coaxial and this means channel 3 or 4 , give that a shot

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
CHANNEL 3 BACK TO ROLLING BLACK AND WHITE SCREEN

What you could try as well would be a set of audio/video cables like red/white/yellow , this may work and your cable box should have those terminals at the back

Otherwise yes it looks like your cable box would be the culprit but if possible you could try it on another tv and if it work fine there then you would be looking at a defective main board that cost some $90 parts alone and for a tv that age I don't think this would be a good idea

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I AM GOING TO TRY CHANGING THE BOX BECAUSE CABLEVISION IS RIGHT NEAR US. IF THAT DOESN'T WORK I WILL GET A NEW TV. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician