TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My LC37SB24U won't turn on. Keeps making a clicking noise,

Customer Question
like someone is pressing the...
My LC37SB24U won't turn on. Keeps making a clicking noise, like someone is pressing the on/off button either on the TV or the remote.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/7/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Can you please tell me if there wee any storms or power outages just prior to this?

Also, if you unplug the TV and plug it back in, does that clicking start right away? Or only after you press the power button?

Pete, are you having website issues preventing you from replying please?

I'm unsure why you're unable to reply, so I will try to help you the best I can with what information you provided.

Offhand, the clicking symptoms point to either the Power Board, or the Mainboard inside of the TV having failed. If the clicking occurred right at plug in, it would be the Mainboard in most cases. If it only occurred after pressing the power button, then the Power Board is the most likely culprit.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Are you still having the same problem?

If the issue persists, then unfortunately that is all you can try on a user level, and this indicates the set has a fault either in the mainboard or the power supply board. There are no quick fixes for this and the set requires component level testing and replacement to fix it. The average cost for this repair on this set is in the $200-$250 range, and given the availability of parts (parts are no longer made after around the 5 year mark) AND can be replaced with a brand new 37" LED Smart TV for the same cost- this is not a cost effective repair.

However if you'd like to inquire about repairs or seek a 2nd opinion you can use the link below to locate a tech if you would like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.

Aric, Technician