Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Trying to set up a new vizio the screen is stuck on display

Customer Question

trying to set up a new vizio the screen is stuck on display options: tv resolutions
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is new LTT6UNCS2615313
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the menu appears to work
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I dont remember I had help to get started on the phone and then I tried to adjust the picture and messed with buttns
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: dont think so
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, Offhand that's not the model number of the Vizio, it would be much shorter than that (like C32-01 or similar).

Anyhow, these symptoms are not uncommon with Vizio's (and I even had to return the first of two I bought last month due to locking up), and if the reboot steps do not work, then you will need to return/exchange the set, and keep in mind that these sets are built to fit a "Price Point":

1) Shut the TV off (if possible) using the single button on the lower left REAR corner of the TV. Pressing and holding it for 5-7 seconds is designed to shut the set off.

2) Unplug the TV from power (pull it's power cord from the wall).

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself for 10 seconds and release.

4) After a minute plug the TV back in, turn it on and see if you get the Initial Setup instructions.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Please review those steps above and reply back with the results.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

I see that you just reviewed my reply. If you are able to get the Vizio to reset, and allow the remote to work, then you will need to "Restore to Defaults":

To restore the TV to its factory default settings:
1. Press the MENU button. The on-screen menu is displayed.
2. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight System and
press OK. The SYSTEM menu is displayed.
3. Highlight Reset & Admin and press OK. The RESET & ADMIN
menu is displayed.
4. Highlight Reset TV to Factory Defaults and press OK.
5. Enter your parental control passcode. If you have not yet set
up a parental passcode, enter the default, 0000.
The TV displays, "Select Reset to restore all TV settings to
factory defaults and clear all account information."
6. Highlight Reset and press OK.
7. Wait for the TV to turn off. The TV will turn back on shortly
afterward and the Setup App will begin.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

However if the reset does NOT work, OR the set continues to lock up, then it would indicate you have a glitch in the set's "Mainboard" (which contains all of the setup software, remote commands, etc.) and would want to return the set for an exchange through the retailer.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this??

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.