Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Didn't realize until I after I had clicked an upgrade on the

Customer Question

Didn't realize until I after I had clicked an upgrade on the TV that it had lost it's connection to my network. now the upgrade icon w the blue circle is spinning and the do not unplug warning is on the TV. it is not going away
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Sony BRAVIA XBR-65x850c
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has been spinning for like 20 mins. I tried to unplug it to verify the network but it just comes up again to this screen
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nopw nope
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello Kim,

unfortunately when an update is interrupted, it can result in this situation, and a failed update can even cause physical damage to the hardware inside the tv.

Are you using a wifi connection for the tv?
Do you recall the prior (current) software version that is installed on it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it does not tell me anything about the updates.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it is a wifi connection
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Okay the wifi connection was likely interrupted. Not your fault, but wifi connections are not reliable enough for an update and should never be used for this purpose.

When was the tv purchased?

What we'll need to try next is to manually update the tv,

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

go here: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=XBR65X850C&upd_id=10991&os_group_id=18

from your computer,

you'll download the update files, uncompress them, then copy to an empty usb memory stick and insert that into the tv. You'll have to turn the tv off and back on (or unplug momentarily) and it will then hopefully recognize the update and begin loading that file manually.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
spring 2015
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok i am going to try the download to a usb....
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Okay thanks, ***** ***** know if you get stuck.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.