Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Vizio TV will not power up.. The orange logo on the front

Customer Question

My Vizio TV will not power up.. The orange logo on the front does come on. I have replaced the power supply board but it still does not turn on. I have looked at the main board and do not see any obvious issues but have not tested the main board.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 years old Model VW32:L HDTV20A
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Nothing comes on the screen just black. When I press the power button there is no response
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It happened without warning about three weeks ago. I first replaced the ceramic fuse on the power supply board and then replaced the entire board.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess I'm trying to determine if it is worth repairing or should I just buy a new TV. Thanks,
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Where did you get that power board by the way ?