Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

We bought a Samsung UN32J400D on November 20, 2015 from our

Customer Question

We bought a Samsung UN32J400D on November 20, 2015 from our local Costco in Phoenix and gave it to our special needs son for Christmas. Yesterday, it just stopped working completely. We had it hooked up to DirecTV and we called them, but their converter box was working fine. They said it was obviously a problem with the TV. Costco only has a 90 return policy for electronics. What should we do?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a Samsung, Model Code UN32J400DAFXZA, Version # ED02. We bought the TV new from Costco on November 10, 2015. The manufacture date on the back of the TV is June 2015. The serial # is 04GM3CFG622604P.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: We can't even get the TV to turn on despite trying multiple outlets. We've tried replacing the batteries in the remote to no avail. I don't see any power or other switches on the TV itself.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Yesterday, my son was watching the TV and it just shut off and wouldn't come back on.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything else.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today .

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?
Or completely dead no activity whatsoever ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Completely dead -- black screen
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

O.k then , please give me a minute to type this down

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for waiting, we wont be going into repairs and parts if you bought the tv the 20th of nov. 2015 , you are just under the 1 years Samsung warranty .

Call 1-800-SAMSUNG (1-***-***-****) for customer support and they will direct you to the closest Samsung ASC (repair center)

Just have your paperwork handy

Otherwise get back to me and I`ll show you what it takes to repair this .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

If you can`t claim your warranty then first have the ac adapter tested in a shop ( for free if you don't have a voltmeter) and if you need one here is a link where you can get it for $12 ;

https://www.amazon.com/GEP-Replacement-Adapter-Samsung-UN32J400DAF/dp/B00XVDEPBS

If the adapter is good then lookup the TV's version number on the back cover and lookup this link for one of the 2 main board there at $40 ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=UN32J400D+

This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can remove the back cover then you can do this yourself, no special tools required

Now If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thanks for understanding .