TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

When I turned on the Samsung the screen is blank, No problem

Customer Question
When I turned on the...
When I turned on the Samsung the screen is blank
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: No problem in the past Samsung where do I find the model number
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No nothing I can't see anything
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just noticed it today. Nothing popped up I tried turning it on and using the Amazon fire stick but I could tell the TV is on but nothings on the screen the volume works
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/4/2016
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Samsung. It would normally be printed on a sticker/name plate at the back of the TV.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SIN#?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Z5QQ3CSD836118E

Sorry, not the serial (S/N) number but M/N or Model:?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
UN32EH4003FXZA

Appreciate the additional information.

Is the description of "...screen is blank..." referring to the whole screen that is blue, black or white?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It appears black. But I can tell it's not as black is when the TVs completely off

Consider an experiment (if have not been done). Power on the TV and set to a program/channel. If at all possible, darken the room where the TV is. Wait for about 5 minutes or more. Shine a flashlight at an angle (not directly) and nearly but not touching the screen where the volume level / menu display is usually seen.

Press the VOL UP/DOWN or MENU button and note if a dark/ghostly image of the volume level or MENU could be seen.

Postback results.

The above is a test to determine if it is a backlighting issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't see anything like that

Last easy user doable try; unplug for an extended period of time. This is to simulate a SOFT RESET.

Plug back in but into a different outlet.

All others would point to a most likely internal hardware issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A few days ago I installed the tv on a wall mount. But I didn't do anything I shouldn't have.

I understand.

Unplugging for an extended period of time would simulate a SOT RESET.

Consider giving this a try.

If not corrective, then it would confirm the internal hardware issue even if it were just a loose connection.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is an internal hardware issue only fixed by a technician or is there way I can?

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter (and even perhaps a soldering iron)?

More importantly, would be comfortable working on the inside circuitry? ...LIVE?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Would LINKs to potential independent TV repair shops serve your need?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I replug in my computer this morning and it actually works now I'm baffled but yet relieved of course thank you

Sorry; "...replug in my computer..." ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh I'm sorry. I meant unplug the TV. Re plugged in this am.

Great! Good to hear that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.

It would appear that the SOFT RESET served its purpose.

Louie, Technician