Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a philip 47PFL7422D/37 I noticed my volume slowly

Hi i have a philip 47PFL7422D/37 I noticed my volume slowly started fading away now i cannot get volume at all. The only way i can get volume is if i use an external speaker

I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
im ready

You said you had external speakers , where are they connected , to the tv or cable box for example ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
to the tv, i only tried them to see if i can get volume externally

O.k then there is some sound coming out of the tv and we are looking at the tv`s speaker and audio output circuit only .

The audio circuit is mounted on the main board and this means you would have to replace that SSB/Main board to fix this .

There are some 5 or 6 versions of that board for your model and they cost around $60 if you were to buy it yourself

If that is what you want to do then look at the link below and match your main board with one of those there and then we can find it from there , not in stock at that link , that is for ID purpose only ;http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=1&q=47PFL7422D%2F37

If i may be frank though i would keep going with external speakers though and perhaps a sound bar with a remote that you can buy for around $50

Beside fixing the problem you would get a better sound than with the tv speakers and could also be used on another tv eventually , i mean this one is not getting any younger so i would not spend too much money on it

Let me know which ever way to want to play this and i`ll help you along but

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around but it wont be cheap ($250+) and if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv and the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $450 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi jack the volume is completely gone and I'm getting horizontal lines across the screen I want to fix the TV what should I do?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If it's the main board do you have any part numbers
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Horizontal lines is new here and it is NOT GOOD

If you open the TV's own menu , does it show up normal or is also affected by this ?

What i mean is does the menu cover those lines or you can still see them over the menu ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I hooked up my computer and played a movie using the hdmi cord and it was clear

What is connected when you see those lines , standard audio/video ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But when I use the cable cord I get horizontal lines. I hooked up another tv to the same cable cord and it was clear

O.k then you got a tuner problem , which means also the main board

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do you have a part number for the main board

I gave you a link above and told you that you need to match your board with one of those first

This is what i said ; look at the link below and match your main board with one of those there and then we can find it from there , not in stock at that link , that is for ID purpose only ;http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=1&q=47PFL7422D%2F37

Click that link and match your board then get back to me .

I`m stepping out for the night here , it is getting late

Be looking up for you tomorrow or whenever you get the chance to check that out