Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

When plugged in the visio logo lites up i dont see effidence

Customer Question

when plugged in the visio logo lites up i dont see effidence the back lite are on the voltages on the power suppy are as suggested on the board no pic nosound
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Made in 2010 vizio M550nv, ser#LAPPGSAL2102438
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Blank screen no responce to remort or the speed wheel
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just would not start up one morn
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Cant thing of any thing else
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. So you're saying the screen has no backlight (are you 100% certain- its fairly easy to see if the screen lights up a dark blue in a dimly lit room?). Also please elaborate on which voltages you found on the power supply (5.1, 12, 18 VDC and the LED voltages), were those ALL PRESENT?

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Additionally, does the set still have sound with an Input connected and playing?

Lastly, with the lights dimmed in the room, take a flashlight, hold it right against the screen at a 45 degree angle and look very closely. Turn ON the TV, can you barely make out the Vizio "V" logo on the TV screen?

Please elaborate with this info so we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Please don't post duplicate questions (we are no allowed to reply to them anyhow). I've posted quite a bit here to try and help you, but am unsure why you're unable to reply. If you'd like help then simply reply back on this page while I am online and we can solve this.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Did nnot intend to duplicate i thought the site ask me again when it show me ablank page. i will go do the thing you ask me to check how do i get back to you?
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Okay no worries, the site can be confusing. You can reply back here at anytime by, Bookmarking the Page/Add to Favorites, logging onto www.justanswer.com, then clicking on "My Questions", or by clicking on any of the links in the Reply E-mails the site sends you.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.