Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Tc-psout50 just blink red light 6 times no picture an tv

Customer Question

Tc-psout50 just blink red light 6 times no picture an tv evaluation told me is the A board is easy to change? Is it worth it, the Tv was only 3 years old limited use
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Panasonic -spout 50 serial of 20550178, yes disconnected for weeks at a time, no change.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Tv screen is black no picture at all just red light blinking, no functions at all
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I switch to on line programs for the first time
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Noexcept that the poor inspection from the Gieek experts said that it was the A board
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

The A board is one of many possible failures, and not the most likely one either. I would not trust a geek squad evaluation, they likely didn't do any specific diagnostic testing and are just making a guess at a common failure. The SC board is more common.

Neither board is all that difficult to replace, but it is more of process of elimination, which gets to be expensive when you are replacing part after part working through the possibilities.

It can be fixed, but the parts are tough to find. You can get the SC board here, which is the first part I'd replace: http://bit.ly/2fdJjRj and the cost is reasonable.
The A board is pretty much impossible to find. If the SC doesn't do it, I'd move on to a new tv at that point. This is a 2012 model and about at the end of life stage anyway, and plasma technology is long obsolete. You'd be better served buying a new LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $400 range than spending almost that much on parts to fix this one.

For either part, it is a simple couple of screws and wiring harnesses to install, just a board swap.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.