TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Sharp Vision XV-H37U purchased in 1995. Still works

Customer Question
I have a Sharp Vision...
I have a Sharp Vision XV-H37U purchased in 1995. Still works as new. Are new models much sharper than this. I have it on 120 inch diagonal screen.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Purchased May 30, 1995 Model XV - H37U
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I do not have a problem. I just want to know how this 21 year old projector compares to new models today for sharpness?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: There is no issue. Are you a real person?
JA: I'm an assistant to the tv technician. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: Can you answer my question?
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Forget the live phone call. Can you answer my question or have I been scammed?
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/2/2016
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially and to my understanding, this LCD Sharp XV-H37U is capable of 250 ANSI Lumens / brightness and has a native display resolution of 429 x 234 pixels and an aspect ratio 16:9.

Most modern projectors are with higher / better specs such as a Sharp PG-F255W with below (claimed) ratings:

• WXGA 1280 x 800 Resolution (16:10 aspect ratio)
  • HDCP Compliant DVI-I (Digital and Analog) Input for easy setup, and secure, virtually noise-free digital connection
  • BrilliantColor Technology for superior color accuracy with more realistic and lifelike image reproduction
  • High Brightness and Contrast 2500 ANSI Lumens, with 2200:1 Contrast Ratio
  • Wide Computer Compatibility including Intelligent ImageACE resizing for compatibility up through UXGA (1600 x 1200)

Please click HERE to evaluate and HERE for the User's Manual if of interest.

There are even other brands that may be considered HERE.

Comparatively, newer models would be brighter and sharper.

Louie, Technician