TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Samsung smart tv has flipped upside down (even the menu

Customer Question
is also upside) I've tried...
My Samsung smart tv has flipped upside down (even the menu is also upside) I've tried factory reset as well as service menu factory reset and nothing seemed to work. I must've changed something in the service menu. I've read somewhere there is a flip option but have not been able to find it. Help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've spoken to Samsung and they said I needed to speak with a service tech near me. I'd like to solve this issue with you and compensate if the issue is corrected. Thanks.
11/2/2016
TV Technician: Dan, Broadcast Engineer replied 1 year ago
Dan, Broadcast Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Feel free to disregard the Premium Service Offer. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site. Do you have the factory remote?

Are there buttons labeled Info and Factory on the remote?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
negative
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Im thinking I need to change something in the service menu. "mute 182 power"

Okay you need to access the service mode, so on the remote try pressing these buttons in this order. Mute, 1,8,2,Power.

Let me know what the menu reads please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just so you know... I read this http://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/9b4e315320d042c8a32ee91b16aacacf
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm thinking this is my issue... although It's 3 years old

Did that get you into the service menu?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it says option control svc expert adc/wb advanced

Okay so go to Control.

Next, Config.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is no option for config there. It's sun option pdp option hotel option shop option sound
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sub option

Well what you are looking for is the HV Flip setting. Try to locate it and when you find it just change the setting and it will flip the picture. Please don't change anything else!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you will have to help me find it b/c I don't think I have that option

It may be under the svc setting?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll take a pic

Try the Sub Option.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The second one is the sub menu
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
first one is the SVC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello

Okay I am finally back. Network problems apparently? Let me check your attachments.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
have you ever heard of a FACT remote?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
dan , we may have to continue some other time

Didn't you say there was a Sub option?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it's the first pic Dan

Okay well the setting you need should be there and I don't see it either. Let me research it and I will get back to you.

I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Dan, Broadcast Engineer