TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I can't get the cogeco cable to come on the t.v. The cogeco

Customer Question
Hi. I can't get the...
Hi. I can't get the cogeco cable to come on the t.v. The cogeco cable guy said I needed to contact you about the input. Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/1/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .
Also ,Could you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Jack. I thought I was contacting toshiba customer service? I think the model # is 36A42 but 32A42 has the same front of the t.v. only 36 is larger. My t.v. is 30" high by 38" wide.

Do you have a cable box or connected directly into the wall outlet ?

Try to set your tv on channel 3 or 4 if you have a cable box then use the cable remote to change channels

What type of cable(s) did you use to connect the cable box to the tv , is it a single coaxial cable connected in the tv`s antenna/cable terminal at the rear or color coded cables/plugs ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Jack. The model# ***** ***** The t.v. is on channel 3. It won't respond to the remote when I put it on cogeco. When I change the input all I get is snow or black screen. Someone pulled out the plugs on the back of the t.v. trying to get it to turn on, as it was not responding to that command on the remote, and believes they put the plugs back in the right spot but since then cable doesn't come up at all but I can still view movies on dvd or vhs.

What you need to do now is to check where the cable box is connected at the back of the tv .

Is it ant. 1 or 2 , color stream 1 or 2 ,video in 1 or 2 then set your tv to that input .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Part of the problem is that I don't know what to plug into what from the cable box to the back of the tv. There is a video 1&2 on the back of the tv but there is a plug in both spots.

How about a coaxial cable in the antenna terminal , just like a vcr , do you have such a cable ?

Connect it into ant. 1 for example and that cable box will have a RF /TV out for the other end of that cable

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Jack. You r talking to someone who doesn't know what a coaxial cable is. Is it the cable that comes in from outside?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Jack. On the back of the cable box the red plug is in the pr spot which seems to be under the video out spot.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does the coaxial cable have more than one plug on it. The one going from the cable box to the back of the tv has 3.

O.k then it has video cables so never mind the coaxial .

Where does it connect in the tv ?

What does it say , video in 1 or 2 , set your tv to that input by pressing the TV/VIDEO button on the front of the tv if the remote doesn`t work

Make sure the yellow jack both on the cable box and tv are using the yellow plug , that's the video signal

Again , look what it says where it is plugged into the tv and use that tv/video button to set the tv to that input and that is that simple

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It doesn't matter if it's in video 1 or 2 the cable is not coming thru.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I say the cable is not coming thru I mean my cogeco cable. I know I sound like I don't know what I am talking about because I don't. I haven't got a clue where the plugs go. It's late and I am frustrated [not with you] and tired. I feel like I am getting nowhere. I am thinking that maybe I should unplug everything and start from there but I am not into it tonight. What do I owe you for your help?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think my computer is slow in sending these messages. I will keep this page up but I may be going to sleep soon. If I do not connect with you tonight then thank you for your time and help.

If you`re still around today send me shout if you want to continue .

Otherwise please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (free of charges) if you have questions or need further help.

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician