TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Need to get a replacement remote for a 2007 flat screen. We

Customer Question
have programs locked and off...
Need to get a replacement remote for a 2007 flat screen. We have programs locked and off brand remote will not unlock them
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: a 2007 Model vizo vu42l 2.5A 50/60 HZ
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Every thingles and works except a renter locked all but 3 ch***** *****nels and we can not get them unlocked
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The t v has not been used for a couple of years. Just sitting . When I hooked it up to Time warner/Spectrum cable box we only get 3 channels.. I even had a friend who is a dish dealer try to unlock it.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/1/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;

I can get you a remote that is no problem but that will not clear this problem

Here is that remote ; http://remotebarn.us/vur6-vizio-remote.html

If you have a cable box then it is the one receiving the "only 3 channels" not the tv so that is where you should start .

Right now the tv is just a monitor that shows you what the cable box sends and it does not pickup or lock anything

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we tried it on both 3&4.

You are saying you get 3 channels ?

If so then the tv and cable box are connected and you dont need to touch the tv any longer

Now again , the cable does the channel receiving NOT the tv so this has nothing to do with the tv but that box

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician