TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I turned on my LG TV and it wont stay turned on. it comes on

Customer Question
Hello, I turned on my...
Hello, I turned on my LG TV and it wont stay turned on. it comes on for about 30 seconds and then turns off. I checked all connections and they seem to be fine. please help.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: this is the first time it has occurred. I did unplug it when I checked connections but it was only for a few seconds.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the TV doesn't stay on long enough to even get to the menu. it really only stays on for less then 5 seconds.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This is the first time. the TV worked fine yesterday.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/1/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Can you please get me the model number of the TV found on the back of the set?

Also how old is the set please?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
EBR64966501
I think its about 8-10 years old. I bought it new and have never had any issues with it.

That is not the model it looks like a serial or partnumber, the model number is ***** the serial number

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
55XL9500-UA

The mainboard is bad and will need to be replaced do you think you can do this work yourself?I will provide all relevant info for you to do that, just to emphasize this is a plug in board no soldering however the back of the set will need to come off so you will need small tools like screwdrivers, please let me know

Anthony

Set is not as old as you think actually its fairly modern

What do you think about this please?board is available from suppliers

If you are not comfortable with this then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,a 3 to 5 star rating (click submit) enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just rebooted my receiver and its working fine now. I no longer need your services but will keep your service in mind for any future problems.. Will I be charged for this? If yes please tell me the fee.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there?

You said your TV turns off after 30 seconds?you said the menu does not come up? so to reboot your receiver that is like saying you drove your car without the engine running?doesnt make sense sorry

I can only reply to your question with the CORRECT information supplied those two crucial replies of yours dictate the diagnosis

And why even do that?minutes after asking?

Sorry I am here to help for a fee this is just bad info for me to diagnose with, if you have second thoughts on this you only had to say I can then help paying customers

I have nothing to do with billing I am a tech using the site as you are I am not employed just using the site I am only paid when you rate positively I receive a proportion of the fee I guess the fee is $28 according to what I see with a $5 that you cant refund

As I say that is only judging by looking at the info available to me

Justanswer

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your help.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No need to call. I will keep you in mind for the future.

.

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician