Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Power light is flashing and wont power on, approx 4 years

Customer Question

power light is flashing and wont power on
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: approx 4 years old I do not currently have model # as I am not at home.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: nothing is coming on no menu, no volume, tried hooking the dvd player (same brand) to it and nothing...
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: we had the tv stored all summer it was operational at the tiem of storage then last night we tried to use it, to no avail. It has not been plugged into a power source since May.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this a common problem for this type of televison? This is a 70 inch television ane I hope the problem is repairable.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Since all we can see is a general question with no specifics at all about which TV you have (there are literally thousands of models among brands) it is not possible to proceed. Can you please reply back when you are at the site of the TV?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will have to get back to you then. Is Thursday okay?
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

I'm on and off throughout the week. Postback whenever you are able and when I see it I will reply back.