Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Samsung model UN40C6300SFXZA and want to connect to

Customer Question

I have a Samsung model UN40C6300SFXZA and want to connect to Amazon, but I need a code [5 or 6] for the coonection and cannot locate on the TV.
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: TV is likely 7 or so years old, but Amazon wants an "Amazon connection code," which they state is on the TV - but I don't see one.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: How would I find it on the menu?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing happened. I was registering the TV online with Amazon to begin live streaming, when they asked for the code number which they said was on the back of the TV; I did not find it.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, There is no code on the TV itself. The code appears when you launch the Amazon Video APP on the TV itself in the APP platform. So in order to do this your TV actually needs the Amazon App on it. Do you see the Amazon app available as an app that the TV carries?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Aric - I am not home at the moment. I will review and respond later.
Thank you
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Okay that sounds good. Amazon used to have a listing of all of the models that are compatible with Prime, however it appears they removed the list (as I've found they've also stopped supporting many of the TV's as well). In the latter case the workaround would be to purchase an Amazon Firestick for $40 at Best Buy and plug that into the TV's HDMI port to then display the Amazon apps. Let me know what you find in your TV's app platform and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.