Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a 2004 hitach plasma 52" that I need a SDR lower

Customer Question

I have a 2004 hitach plasma 52" that I need a SDR lower board
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hitachi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: P50T501A
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no it will not turn on one of the chips on the board is broken
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing it stopped working and I looked at the board and saw one of the chips were damaged it JP61235 sdr board and I can't find one to fit this tv
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know if I can use another type of board or is there a compatable board for that model
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. The Upper and Lower SDR (U and R) respectively boards can be purchased at the link below for your set "Brand New" from Copeli Repair. It is best to replace both of these boards as a set as they work in tandem:

http://www.coppelltvrepair.com/p/939/hitachi-p50t501a-sdr-u-and-sdr-d-upper-and-lower-scan-drives-replacement-set