TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

2003 hitachi ultravision 42" plasma. Past week getting small

Customer Question
2003 hitachi ultravision 42" plasma...
2003 hitachi ultravision 42" plasma. Past week getting small squares of pixilation as if the logic that 'makes up' for missing picture information is having a problem. Off and on again. I snapped some pics on my cell fone. trying to decide what to do.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hitachi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: bought it new in 2003, sorry do not have exact model number, can get tomorrow. It has receiver separate from the display.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu works fine, no pixilation there, same problem all channels so looks like might be the output of the receiver.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: about 1 week. nothing unusual happened to my knowledge.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I snapped two pics on my cell phone I can send you so you can see what its doing.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
10/31/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
Note that I need time to type and research for parts and info if needed so don't be surprised if there are delays between replies
Also ,Could you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do not have exact model number available today. only thing connected is dishnetwork rcvr.

O.k then in any case the model number would come in handy if it comes down to parts .

Suffice to say this is a 13 years old plasma and I know those pretty well .

Did you noticed by any chance if this pixelating occurs over the TV's own menu as well ?

What I`m thinking is that your dish receiver may be the culprit here .

Can you upload those pictures ?

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician