Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Touching the on button on the remote or tv and the tv does

Customer Question

touching the on button on the remote or tv and the tv does not make a sound. It will flash green for several seconds (i counted as much as 60 blinks before it went to red and then blinked constantly. When I touch on again, I hear a sound, a click, like it's coming on, but doesn't. Tried as many as 6 times before it finally clicked over and will come on. It seems to be getting longer and longer. Replaced the lamp and when it does come on, the picture quality is great. We have had this TV about 8 years, replaced 4 lamps but this is first "major" problem.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?
Customer: No problems with the sound before. It's a Sony KDF-50e2000.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No until I get it to fully turn on and then yes, you can go to any channel, any setting, watch dvds, switch to cable, antenna, AppleTV, etc.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Been an issue for the past month. It started with the red light and I thought I needed a new lamp and I replaced it. It did not fix the problem
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I think that covers it
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

When the green light stop flashing and red light lit and blink, please check what is the label of that red light (power/ standby or lamp) and how many times it does blink, pauses and repeats the same blink pattern.

for example, 4 time blink, pauses for 3 seconds and again blinks 4 times etc

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no it's a consistent blink, does not stop. after several seconds, i hit the on button on the remote again and i will hear a sound as if turning on, but it goes right back to green light blinking for +- 60 times and then red and I go through it all again, eventually, it will come on.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** i won't get the answer to my problem without paying you more money. so let's stop here. thanks though for your help and I am sending an email to my banker to block any further attempts at billing me. $5 lesson
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

I understand, flashing red light is an error code that I need to know so turn On the TV, let the green light flashing till the red light lit/ blink and check is it lamp or power light flashing.

If it is power light then how many times it does blink.

These info will help to diagnose the problem.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
there is no way to see if the lamp or power light it flashing
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the green light flashes and then turns red. no other lights on the tv that are visible
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

I have no control over billing/ money matters so please contact customer service for any billing issue. When satisfied then come back here to continue troubleshooting.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

To contact customer support please check following link/ number..

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
Call USA:(###) ###-####br />United Kingdom - 0***-***-****
Ireland - 1800-760-906

Thanks.