Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My tv has no picture. I can hear my tv but can't see the

Customer Question

My tv has no picture. I can hear my tv but can't see the picture
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Ifyou see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a techconsiders this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Joyce if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the meni come up please

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can't see it
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can't see it

Joyce please reboot the set unplug it from the wall wait 5 mins replug back in let meknow if there is any change

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can see it

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can see it but it will loose Its picture in 10 seconds

What you can see the menu?

Joyce I am now confused can you see the menu?tvs own menu?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If I shut it off and cut it back on, it will stay on for 10 seconds then I loose the picture

OK but you still have the sound, you push menu button and you do not see the menu

How old is the set please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If I shut it off then cut it back on it will stay on then shut off in 10 seconds

How old is the set please?

Can you get me the model number please found on the back of the set?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
5 years old. I have only 0 seconds to view the menus before I loose the picture
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I loose the picture within 10 seconds of the set being turned on

Joyvce the problem is the backlight is going out this illuminates the pixels so its likely either powerboard or if the set uses inverters one of the inverters is bad, the thing is the set is 5 years old so it may not be a good idea to pump money into this considering the sets age?if you want to go ahead with repairs and are practical to do it yourself I will help .

A techs involvement is not a good idea for a 5 year old set as the costs could be over $300

I am sorry I do not have better news for you here

Please consider rating the answerpositively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,a 3 to5 star rating (click submit) enables me to receive payment from thesite thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Joyce if you want more help let me know or if you\someone you know want to do work a board will cost around $100 as I say it may not be a good idea on repairs but if you wish I can help you

Please though remember to rate me positively 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you

Anthony

Just a reminder I do not receive anything from the site until you rate me with the rating bar of stars please at the top of the page 3 to 5 stars thank you, ***** ***** sorry for poor news

Anthony