TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have installed the new main board exactly like the old

Customer Question
one, but now the screen...
I have installed the new main board exactly like the old one, but now the screen is solid blue and only responds to on/off on the remotes. No menu will come up.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
10/30/2016
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Is the new board the exact same model and revision as the old board?

Have you tried all input types?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is a new board that I ordered after describing the original problem to a tech on the 25th. It came yesterday. I have tried all HDMI inputs, but don't have anything to plug into any other inputs. The original problem was that while watching the TV, it suddenly just started flashing "Smart TV" and would not respond to and remotes or to manual power down/reset.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still on my service call

What were your symptoms with the old board?

Can you double-check the model number and revision on both the old board and the new board and let me know if they match?

Louie, Technician