Jeff the TV Guy
Jeff the TV Guy, Technician
Experience:  10 years expeience in consumer electronics. 3 years experience in DLP, Plasma, and LCD repair.
17251986

I have layed a pioneer plasma tv down on a bed to protect it

Customer Question

I have layed a pioneer plasma tv down on a bed to protect it during construction. i have put it back on its stand and it wont turn on, have i done something wrong?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jeff the TV Guy replied 11 months ago.

Laying it down will not harm it in any way. They most stress in a TV like this would be in transport.

I have laid down dozens of TVs and never had an issue.

The issue may be with the TV itself. Many TV faults occur after power is removed, you should always remove power and restart before touching the TV itself.

I have had many TVs be broken for 6 months +, then they are unplugged and they stop working,

Not due to setting a TV down gently, however.