TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have sound, but no picture. Model X40, 1 year old. TV menu

Customer Question
I have sound, but no...
I have sound, but no picture.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Model X40, 1 year old.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu works. Same problem on all sources/inputs.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I turned off the tv last night. Turned it back on this morning, and no picture.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The screen is not black, it just isn't projecting a picture.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/29/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model X40 connected to Xfinity cable box.

X40 is incomplete model number, please get me the complete model number off of label pasted on back cover of TV to get related manual for troubleshooting purpose.

Also, if press menu button on TV or its remote, does TV own menu screen show up?

Does TV screen glow/ show any thing at all when turn On the TV?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
F38405BKC7349. Screen glows white. There is sound.

OK, please grab TV remote (not the cable remote) and press Menu or volume button, does any thing appear on TV screen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The menu is working, volume is working. The screen is not just white, sometimes it flashes different colors.

ah OK, it seems problem is coming from cable box. Have you rebooted it?

Please unplug cable box power cord from wall outlet for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in and let it reboot that may take several minutes to finish and picture will appear on TV screen.

Please reply back with the result.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing is happening. Should I call Xfinity?

Please check the connection cable runs from cable box to TV to make sure it is tight and securely plugged in both things.

If still get sound of cable channel but not picture then yes, call Xfinity and ask them to replace cable box which has stopped sending out video signal to TV due to internal failure.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician