TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Have a 10 yr old philips plasma tv that has gone black. We

Customer Question
get audio from cable...
Have a 10 yr old philips plasma tv that has gone black. We get audio from cable. We have done a reboot and it came back for about a day but has gone black again and not coming back after unplugging for several hours? Is it time for new tv
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Philips is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Sorry I said philips I meant pioneer pro 1150 HD 2007 so not quite 10 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No. we hear the audio from the cable. The tv is connected to a receiver that controls several devices and the Comcast dvr cable box
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Working fine until Monday when the screen went black on turning on. We unplugged and 3 hours later the picture came back and it work fine until yesterday when it went black again and will not reboot after several shut downs.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
10/27/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you`re not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .
Can you see the tv`s own menu for example ?

As you don't seem to be around at this time I will step out for a bit , just send me your reply and I`ll get back to you upon return

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry the page wasn't loading. The tv light is on but the screen is black
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there

Yes but i`m now locked on another post

Be with you ASAP

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Then canI get my money back. I have been watching the screen spin forever

not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech.

Please use this link or phone number for these questions;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I get an estimate in how long I have to wait.

Just saw your reply , i cannot tell right now so i will opt out and repost your question for other techs to jump in and help you with this

Louie, Technician