Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

Re: my Sony Bravia 37 inch TV Model KDL3252000. I was

Customer Question

Re: my Sony Bravia 37 inch TV Model KDL3252000. I was watching as usual when suddenly screen went gray. Audio is fine, still transmits from channels. Menu choices, guides still light up fine,and i can select channels, but no picture is transmitted. I've turned power on and off, played with various options, no luck. This has never happened before. Warning: I'm very low tech (old lady). Thanks for your patience!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model is KDL 325 (S?)2000. It may be about 7 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just happened for the first time about an our ago. I saw a video online which referred to something bad in an "inverter board" on a Philips TV. It involved taking the TV apart and sending for a replacement part. It's way too complicated for me.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please