TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

It does not turn on, keeps in turning off by himself.

Customer Question
It does not turn on...
It does not turn on, keeps in turning off by himself
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Sumsumg PN50B450B10X2Z
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No, it try to turn on but it turns off immediately
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: yesturday
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
10/25/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today

Did it quit while watching it or simply would not come on today ?
Any electrical storm or power blackout in your area prior to this ?

In any case I`ll start by saying that this model has 2 major failure point which are the power supply and Y-sustain board and right now what you described could be attributed to either , this will require some serious troubleshooting with meters then once the culprit rooted out and replaced , there will be adjustments according to the datas written on the plasma panel

Beside the fact that either board cost some $180 to buy you will need the help of a local tech. on this one which means that you are looking at $350+ for this repair .

If i may be frank , considering the age of the tv and the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $450 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

I see that you came around to look at my answer .

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician