Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Not getting a signal for TV, Insignia model NS_48D510NA15,

Customer Question

Not getting a signal for TV
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Insignia model NS_48D510NA15, about 3 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No, TV menu not working
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The TV was working fine last night. I was at work all day, turned it on about an hour ago and no signal.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I can't think of anything else
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. How specifically do you receive your broadcasts on the TV - is there a Cable/SAT box connected to the set?

Also, does the screen actually say "No Signal", or is it completely black?

Please reply back with as much detail as possible.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a cable box with Cox, it's Motorola box and yes, the tv display says no signal
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the reply, and I am not available by phone. This can occur for several reasons - the TV's on the wrong "Input" (inadvertently changed), the HDMI cable failed, or the cable box just needs to be rebooted. Please shut the TV off, then unplug the Cable Box from power (pull it's power cord from the wall).

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between the box and the TV - making sure it's secure on both ends. Plug the Cable Box back in, and give it a minute to start rebooting. Then turn the TV on and let me know EXACTLY what you see on the TV screen please.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay, will try total reboot
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Okay sounds good. Let me know what happens. If that does not work, then it's likely the HDMI cable has simply failed, as these cables are digital and can fail without warning. A new one can be purchased at Radio Shack, or Wal-Mart for around $15.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for helping me. It was the HDMI cable.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
You're very welcome. Could you please click a positive rating at the top of the page so that I am credited for helping you?