Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Closed captions came on and a notice of updates popped up on

Customer Question

Closed captions came on and a notice of updates popped up on screen -- how do I turn them off. Can't access Netflix with my remote remote.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Crapola! I'm not prepared. Will contact Support Services when I can get to the back of my TV for that information. It's hanging on a wall. Sorry. Good night, Pearl.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Sony Smart TV - Purchased 8/2015. MODEL KDL40R510C. SERIAL:(###) ###-####
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Remote doesn't work. Can't access options. Unplugged TV for 20 sec. to reboot.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm connected to Comcast WiFi
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

- Have you tried another Sony TV remote on this TV, if available?

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Please do not open fresh/ duplicate question and reply here to troubleshoot the issue.

Lets test the TV remote, please watch the remote front tip through a cellphone/ digital camera, push a few buttons on TV remote, do you see flashing white light on remote front?

Please click following link to view an image of remote test to have better idea..

http://theremotedoctor.com/trouble_files/remote_setup2.jpg

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Can you please reply here about remote-test to proceed?