TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a software update box on my screen. It is not

Customer Question
responding to my remote. How...
I have a software update box on my screen. It is not responding to my remote. How do I get rid of it?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: kdl-48r510c about 9 months old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Started this morning. The remote works on the TV, but this box on the screen is unresponsive.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/22/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up ;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Is this tv connected to internet ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but I just use the cable connection.

O.k but it does have access to internet and this connection is active , is that correct ?

Can you still open the tv`s home menu ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, it is not responding to the home button.

This tv is less than a year old ?

Right now this looks like a failed firmware update but can you tell me how long you`ve had that message now ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Came up this morning when I turned it on..

O.k then sometimes the update will take a while but this seem quite long so i will have you do a factory reset and if the tv ccrashes or doesn`t take it then the warranty claim will be your next option .

At this point you have nothing to lose

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok
  1. Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet.
  2. Allow the TV to remain without power for one minute.
  3. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.

NOTE: The TV should turn on automatically. If it does not, turn it on.

4. Wait approximately 40 seconds for the TV to completely start up.
  5. On the TV remote control, press and hold the UP ARROW button. Make sure the remote control is pointed towards the front and center of the TV.

6. While holding the UP ARROW button, press and release the POWER button on the TV set.

NOTES:

• Depending on the TV, Reset will appear momentarily on the lower left hand corner of the TV.

At this point your tv should be like out of the box and will ask you for the first time setup

Good luck and keep me posted on that please

This is Sony customer support by the way if you need to start a warranty claim # 1-***-***-**** give them a call and theyy will tell you how to proceed

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician