Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 10-yr-old GV47L FHDTV10A. An area in the lower

Customer Question

I have a 10-yr-old GV47L FHDTV10A. An area in the lower right corner of the screen - about 1/16th of the total picture area - is "snow." Is this an easily fixable problem or is the TV dead or dying?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Does this happen on all inputs (cable/satellite, dvd, games, apps, etc)?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We have Timewarner cable and all channels are affected. Since the TV is an older model with only one HDMI input, and I have to manually swap input cables to watch any DVDs, we use a 2nd newer TV to watch any DVDs. If it would help the diagnostic process, I can manually connect the DVD player to this TV tomorrow and see if the snow is still there when playing a DVD.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

It would help if you could, yes.
Alternately, you could try to bring up the vizio menu screens, we can see if those are affected.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
O. K. I'll try those things tomorrow.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** know the results when you have a chance.

In the meantime, it would help to unplug your cable box for awhile (at least a few minutes, even overnight is fine though) from power and test the results of that as well.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.