TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My polaroid tv will not allow me to select a source.

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
10/22/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Please reply back with the following so I can help:

1) Model number off the back of the Polaroid.

2) Rough age and WHEN did this occur?

3) What Source are you trying to select?

Please read my reply and postback to proceed.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

I'm trying to get some basic info to help you. I'm here to assist you now, but if you're unable to engage at this time, then simply reply back when you are able. I will respond when available.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Polaroid TV it says on the back: Intertek(###) ###-#### March 2014 and bar code of 843029001264 I purchased the tv about a year ago from the Home Shopping Network. My problem is with the remote and its failure to control the tv. I was trying to get my Dish Network back thru HDMI1

No thanks on the phone call.

Okay, neither of those are the model number. Anyhow, I need to know if the remote is working AT ALL right now. Meaning, if you press Volume, or MENU, or anything else - does it work at all?

Let me know if the remote works at all - not just source, so we can proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the remote is not working this minute. It did work (the on/off portion anyway) less than 15 minutes ago. Earlier today it wouldn't work at all. I went out and spent $10 on batteries changed them. Then it worked once since then

Okay, it's possible the remote has simply failed. Now, we can go one of two ways:

1) Your TV likely has a Source button located directly on it (however I still don't have the correct model so I can't look that up).

2) If you have a cell phone camera or digital camera we can TEST that remote.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i do have a source button the back of the tv. It allows me to highlight the source I want, but I have no way to really select it. I high lite my choice and then the tv goes back to "Component"

Please either postback with the model number or tell me if you have a cell camera or digital camera. We have no way to proceed otherwise.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have a cell phone or digital anything. I'm 79 years old and I don't understand so many of these things.

Okay, please try the reset below:

1) Shut the TV off manually and unplug it's power cord.

2) Remove the batteries from the remote, then press and hold the power button on the remote for 10 seconds and release.

3) Wait a minute then re-install the batteries.

4) Plug the set back in and press power on the remote.

Let me know what happens.

Are you having any luck?

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I crawled on hands and knees and found the plug after I moved a very heavy chest of drawers. I choked on the dust but the thing unplugged. I waited as instructed, removed the batteries, waited plugged back in. Tried the power button and nothing happened.

Then this indicates a hardware failure with the TV's IR sensor or the remote itself. If you're unable to use the remote this is not within normal operation and it is beyond our control. If you are able to get the model number off the back of the TV then I can search and see if there is a method to change the source on the TV. Alternatively, is this set OVER or UNDER one year from the date of purchase please?

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have really examined the tv. I can find no other numbers. I do have some papers on this tv, but I don't know where. I bought the set about a year ago.....maybe a little over a year.

A Polaroid model would be something like: 40GSR3000FM and will be on a sticker on the back of the TV. There was nothing like that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
microscopic size: 32GSD3000 I need a magnifying glass to be sure.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
32" HD LED TV

I'm sorry, but I will have to opt out since I cannot help without the model number.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello!!!!
TV Technician: hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer replied 1 year ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer

Hello here is a link to the manual for your TV...click here

​When you click the source button on the TV and then press the channel up or down on the TV (nor remote) does the TV change from Component to something else please?

​Can you locate the payment slip to see if the TV is under one year old? If so you should be able to get the TV repaired for free as part of the warranty. Maybe you can call the Home Shopping Network who will be able to look back in their records to tell you the exact date of purchase. Even if it is just over a year, you should contact the consumer protection department if Polaroid refuse to repair the TV should there be a fault.

​If you don't have a cell phone to test the remote control, you can use an AM radio. Please watch this video

​Please report back your findings

hongkongpom
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer