TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My tv turns on with picture, then 5 -10 seconds later, a

Customer Question
Hello, my tv turns on...
Hello, my tv turns on with picture, then 5 -10 seconds later, a black bar appears and black from sides close together until picture is completely black in a few more seconds. Looked with flashlight, can not see any fuzzy images or movement in screen after that. Sound remains fine. Have a clue? Thank you, Sam
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
10/20/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble here

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model # 42HL167

Sam if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

I am referring to during the fault

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The menu does not show on the black screen
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Anthony, are you still there? I don't want to lose our connection. Sorry to bug you, just waiting is not one of my favorite things

Yes

I was just checking out the info for this set

OK you have a board problem here likely to be power-board but could be the mainboard particulalrly as you referred to bars appearing now this will mean replacing a board in the set is this something you think you would undertake yourself?

Otherwise I am not sure considering the sets age if its viable for a tech to do dues to costs

Cost of aboard either board is around $100

What do you think?

I can help you with the work however you will need a volt\ohm meter and practical ability to get the board in and out

How old is this set now please?

Please at this point consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,a 3 to 5 star rating (click submit) enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician