Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I HAVE A 60'' SHARP TELEVISION AND CAN HEAR TALKING BUT NO

Customer Question

I HAVE A 60'' SHARP TELEVISION AND CAN HEAR TALKING BUT NO PICTURE. I TRIED TURNING OFF THE POWER FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME AND TURN IT BACK ON BUT ALL I HEAR IS TALKING. LAST NIGHT I DID IT AGAIN FOR A WHILE AND THEN IT CAME ON BUT ONCE I TURN IT OFF I RUN INTO THE SAME PROBLEM. I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY KEEP TRYING BY TURNING IT OFF AND ON AND AGAIN SOMETIME NO LUCK.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Would it be posible for you to get me the model number please found on the back of the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My model # for my sharp television is 60EQ10U.

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control during the fault does the menu come up please?

If it does not is the screen completely black no sign of any light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the menu does not comes up but the light stay on and then slightly dim. last night I keep press the power botton and couple times and then the name SHARP show up but it was sort of jumping then there come a channel show a movie. but it I then turn it off it will give me the same problem for a long period of time. I left it on all night since I got a picture it allowed me to click l through channels but was afraid to turn if off . I left it on all night until I had to leave for work this morning it was showing good. but it seem that it is not ascertain it might go back the same way I feel as it happen before already. On Monday night I play around and it came on after a couple weeks and I also left it on through out the night and during the morning it was just taking and no picture again. I am afraid when I get home after work it might not show any picture as usual.

OK try this ,its an overide procedure for the trips

Unplug the tv.

Hold down the ch down and vol up buttons on the tv itself.

While holding them plug it in.

Wait 10 seconds

let go.

Does the set start up and maybe you see a picture but it goes black again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try that when I get home tonight and let you know tomorrow what happen. Thanks

OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT struggle to start it seem as though it is searching for something. most of the time it say it can not find channel and it give me a number as but I did not walk with it . I wrote it down but I don't have it on hand as I am at work but will email it to you tomorrow. I will try that test an get back to you tomorrow.

OK let me know

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 12 months ago.

How is this working out please?