Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

It's a 55 inch Sony Wega February of 2006 The model is

Hey it's a 55 inch Sony Wega February of 2006 The model is KDF-E55A20,,,,The problem is you hold the power button and it flashes green twice then clicks off and flashes red it will not turn on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Sony Wega 55 inch,,, kdf-e55a20
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can't get that far it won't turn on
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just the last couple of days through a cable box you would only get certain channels I figured it was the lamp in the front I swap that Went back to the bad bulb And it still won't turn on
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: XNo

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Does TV power indicator light turn to red and flash in specific pattern like 3 blinks, pauses and repeats 3 blinks pattern?
- Where did you purchase the replacement lamp from and what was the cost of lamp?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If you use the remote and hit the power button it flashes green twice then you hear a clicking noise in the back the green light flashes 3x causes a second and then keeps flashing 3 times red

Thanks for the info. Please reply on 2nd info request as well..

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it's flashes 3 times red pausess and then flashes again,,,again again, the Bold was purchased on eBay like $22

Thanks for the info.

3X flashing red power light is an error code that indicate either the lamp isn't installed correctly (lamp body will push a safety sensor switch inside lamp housing) OR the lamp door isn't closed properly (as the lamp door also push another safety sensor switch).

Since you get few channels through cable box that doesn't mean it is the lamp problem because same lamp shows you those channels so I would recommend to install old lamp back in TV carefully, close the lamp door/cover securely and turn On the TV.

Ebay lamp $22 may not work so install old lamp that was working in TV for fewer cable channels and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hey sorry for the delay ,,,To the left of the Bulb is that little safety switch that was hung up that's why it wouldn't come on ,,,,I tried the old bulb& it came on I tried to new bulb from amazon,,, it works to,,,, So now I'm going to watch it For a couple of days and see if I get the original problem back,,,,, Thanks again

Excellent, glad to know that TV is back in business.

Regarding fewer channels, I would recommend to reboot cable box by disconnect its power cord from wall outlet for 5 minutes, replug back in and let it reboot that may take several minutes to finish then check channels, I hope it will fix the problem. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.