TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Panasonic TH-C46FD18 plasma TV. When I plug in the

I have a Panasonic TH-C46FD18...
I have a Panasonic TH-C46FD18 plasma TV. When I plug in the electrical cord, the power indicator light begins flashing and the TV does not turn on, either from the manual power button on the set or from the remote. I try unplugging to "reset" but does not make a difference. Power supply issue?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Panasonic Viera TH-C46FD18 with a manufacture date of Oct2008.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV does not turn on.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have this TV programmed to my cable remote (Cox). Attempted to "power on" the TV button on the remote, and the power indicator light on the TV began flashing. Attempts to operate with the Panasonic remote or turn on manually at the TV unsuccessful. Also changed batteries in both remotes-no help.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Have unplugged the TV and the cable box for a period of time, and turned both back on to "reset" but does not help.
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/19/2016
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

The powerlight will be blinking red and pausing like 3 blinks pause 3 blinks can you please let me know how many times it blinks between pauses thank you

Anthony

Hi

If there is something you do not understand about the request for info please let me know or if you have site problems or site satisfaction issues

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The powerlight blinks 10 consecutive times and pauses for three seconds,and repeats...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You may respond via e-mail. Thanks.

I am sorry this does not work by email the only emil you should get is to say I have replied HERE, so if you just reply here like you have done that will be fine thank you, ***** ***** I want you to do first is disconnect the set from wallpower, wait 5 mins then take all the inputs out of the back of the set,wait a furter 30 mins, now this bit is the most important part, the set will either fire up and come on OR it will blink the 10 blinks, now if it blinks the 10 blinks does it does this IMMEDIATELY you plug into wallpower OR is the red light solid first then you switch on and it blinks 10?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Anthony,
I am back at it this morning. Thanks for your assistance.
Followed your instructions above. All inputs removed. Waited the requisite time. Just plugged power cord back in and the powerlight immediately began blinking 10 times. Also found an identical power cord and tried it. Same result.

OK you have a board issue with the set likely to be either power or mainboard checks may need to be carried out using a meter to verify what board is bad, that board ordered and fitted in the set, are you able\do you want to do this work yourself?let me know I will provide all necessary info.

Otherwise a tech would charge around $300 you can locate a tech in your area by using this link www.tvrepairpros.com

If you need help let me know

Please at this point consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,a 3 to 5 star rating (click submit) enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Anthony,
Yes, I would like to conduct the troubleshooting and replacement myself. Please let me know the process. Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Anthony,
You indicated in your October 20 e-mail, you would walk me through the process for replacing the power board or the mainboard. I am interested in any info you can provide. Thanks.

now if it blinks the 10 blinks does it does this IMMEDIATELY you plug into wallpower OR is the red light solid first then you switch on with remote and it blinks 10?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Anthony,
When I plug the power cord back into the wall outlet, the power indicator light begins blinking immediately.

So you get the 10 blinks at plug in but do you hear the relays click when this happens?listencarefully for this

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician