TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

AKAI pdp4273m problems on startup

AKAI pdp4273m problems on startup
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/18/2016
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Please note that I am an independent technician who depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website.
I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , these are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said please reply following info request to troubleshoot the issue.
1- Does TV show normal picture when it power up?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

3- Any idea how old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tv powers up flickers with lines until it warms up
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm using hdmi to connect tv if from 2005

Thanks for the info.

- So TV shows normal picture after some time, correct?
- TV is connected to cable box through HDMI cable, correct?
- And TV is 2005 model, is this correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i replaced logic board y board x board main board and power supply
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still taking aprox 5min to warm up to normal screen

Did you get all those boards from reputable source and are the replacement boards new or used?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
all questions are yes

Two more questions as follows..

- Do you get any change in TV symptoms after those boards replacement?

- Did you get all those boards from reputable source and are the replacement boards new or used?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ShopJimmy . parts are used and tested
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no change in symptoms

OK, have you tested Vs (180V), Va (55~65V) and Vcc (5V) output of power supply board with multimeter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
give me a min i have the service manual to find VS,VA and VCC

Vs, Va and Vcc test point would be marked on power supply board, these are DC volts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
looking now

OK, take your time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i see va and vs at the top right of power supply with an arrow no vcc
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
power supply board is nd61100-0003

Vcc could be marked as STB or standby volts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can not find vcc or stb on power supply board . their is what looks like a 2nd power supply unit should i look their?

No, standby power section wont be on sub-power supply board, you can test 5V DC at connectors such as CN63 or CN89 etc while TV power cord is plugged in but TV is in standby mode/ no power up.

Did you check Va and Vs volts output?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
checking now

OK, I need to go offline now, can we continue it at later time such as late hours at night or tomorrow morning?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok ill post results and waite on your response

Thanks, I'll reply as soon as I come online but not before 6 hours.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
standby power at CN68 3.2 vVA 63.3V
VS 83.1 V

Standby volts seems OK.

Vs volts are low and can be cause of trouble.

Va volts seems OK.

Please turn On the TV, take reading of Vs volts, leave the TV On until the flicker stops and normal picture appears then again get reading of Vs volts. Is there any difference between these two readings?

If so that means either power supply board is defective due to failing capacitors or ysus board at left side has weak/ failing capacitors or display panel/ screen is going bad.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i will check voltage on VS after warm up now

OK, take your time and reply back with the result to proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
VS after warm up 82.9 V

This is odd, Vs should be around 180V DC because it is display panel requirement.

Please find a sticker/ label pasted on metal frame of display panel/ screen that would contain required Va and Vs volts info. What is written there for Vs volts?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sticker says VS 81.7 V - VA 63.5 V

I never come across such issue as this panel needs only 82V, let me repost this question for other experts to have a look and hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you further.

I'm opting out to repost the question.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks !
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm still waiting on response. how long does it normally take ?
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician

Hi I sent you a phone call offer, I made it as cheap as possible. Please accept so I can give you the proper advice on this.

Thanks It will be much quicker than us typing the whole thing back and forth.

Or we can work here if you dont want that?

Please let me know.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK let me get my card to accept

Ok Im here when you ready;-)

Sincerely

Technician Mike

Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician

Hi Bill, it was a pleasure speaking with you today, hopefully i can get you the schematic for that power supply but I really do suspect that above all else in this.

I will be in touch and you can keep me informed of your progress;-)

Thanks Bill;-)

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I downloaded full service manual for my set it states in quick reference all supply voltage to vss 3.0v min typ 3.3v max 3,6 v

Hi, yes that is correct, I was able to get some info today. But these power supplies can cause the trouble you have because somewhere on that board, there is either a low voltage, or noisy signal on one of the lines, An oscilloscope is needed to check for that. That will show the exact wave forms and if the signals are clean and when the warm up period that it should not have lol. Also bad electrolytic capacitors can also certainly cause this issue;)

I will be back in the morning to work further with you on this.

Have a great evening!

Tech Mike

Hi, thank you for the pics I still suspect the power supply.;-)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can a use any parts (IE ) capacitors from old power supply to correct issue ?

Hi, well all these components have different values. But yes if you can ones with the same value part # then by all means yes;-)

Tech Mike ;-)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
would you know what capacitors to target?

I would look at every capacitor on the power supply, look for any that have bulging lids and ones that appear to maybe leaked a brown or green fluid that will have dried by now. Also you will need a capacitor tester to be certain they are all good internally;-)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i only have multi meter. I'm going to pull PS and send it back. ill try a different company for new PS . any suggestions?

I agree totally ;-)

Let me knwo how the new one works out.

I will be here to help if needed.

Have a great weekend!
Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks ill keep you posted on new PS

;-)

Master Fix It
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician