TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Samsung, We have a Samsung TV -Model Code: UN50H5500

Customer Question
Hi Samsung, We have a Samsung...
Hi Samsung,
We have a Samsung TV
-Model Code: UN50H5500
-Software Version: T-MST14AKUC-2128.0
-Sub=Micon Version: T-MST14AKUS-1008
The problem we are having is that our picture is too wide and we can't change it so that we can see all of the information (eg: when we watched the Warriors game, the score was not visible because it was off of the screen. Can you help us?
Thanks,
Wilfred and Alice Wong
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
10/18/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. All I can see is that you tried all of the picture size adjustments. Is the issue that the picture does not fit the screen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have tried all of the adjustments and the picture does not fit the screen.

Thanks for the reply, and sorry I am unavailable by phone.

The picture size is generated by your Cable/SAT box when using HDMI - so the TV itself is not the problem and the settings muct be accessed on the cable box.
First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
should I just reset our TV? I saw that screen but I don't know what our 4 digit password *****

Please read my post above.

Are you still having the same problem? If so, what cable or satellite box are you using?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I unplugged the HDMI cable from the box and nothing changed.
That is one part out of many that I posted. Did you find any of the buttons on the cable/sat remote mentioned? What brand and model box are you using? Who's the provider?
Sorry, I'm logging off for the night. I will open the question to other experts.
TV Technician: Master Fix It, Appliance Repair Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Appliance Repair Technician
Phone call session started
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Do you still need help with this please?previous expert has opted out, my name is Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still did not fix the problem. I am not satisfied with this service. I called Samsung this morning and they suggested that I call the cable company. Is there anyway i can get a refund from JustAnswer.com?
Thanks!

please email***@******.***

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician