TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

How much does this cost?

Customer Question
how much does this cost?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/17/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Please provide bit details, are you asking cost on repair the TV or get an answer etc?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I found my answer I signed up for a price that is supposed to allow me to ask as many questions as it take to get this set fixed. I just wonder if you can help me and if not will it be possible to ask someone who is an expert on Mitsubishi DLP's. not saying you can't. just want to know my limits before we start.

I can help you in Mitsubishi DLP TV problem, please reply back with the TV model and the trouble you're having with TV.

You can ask as many questions as you like.

I just received phone call request from your side, it would cost you additional $26 and it is bit early at this stage as I still need basic info about TV to troubleshoot the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
didn't know it cost extra for phone call. please just try to help guide me through some troubleshooting procedures. mabe we can solve this problem. dont want to rum up any cost if we cant solve it, already have a lot invested on set. let me know what info you need to proceed. I am assuming you received my first set of symptoms.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok I dont want the extra cost of a phone call so please scratch that request.
what info do you need to get started?

- Please get me the model number written on back of TV, like WD-xxxxx

- What are the current symptoms of TV and what board/parts have been replaced to correct the issue?

- What were the original symptoms of TV that prompted you to replace those parts?

I have sent 3 info-requests, did you get it?

I'm not going to accept the phone call request and we can discuss the TV issue here in text chat easily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
wd-73727. has I have already stated I bought it and replaced the color wheel. started it up and it run for about 15 mintues. shut down and had a "34" code which is lamp not lit or not lighting. I tested all the voltages on the interface board and couldnt find anything wrong. checked the 340 volts to the ballast and it's fine. chacked the lamp- enable and the lamp-litz signals. I don't have a ocilliscope so I used a volt meter. both lines go from 1.8 volts to 4.9 volts when set is turned on. lamp does not light , all fans come on and set runs for a second then goes off and the red light bulb status light comes on angain. code"34". lamp not lit. changed the ballast, and the main power board. still same symptoms. not sure what else to do.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know the lamp-en and the lamp- litz signal are generated and received back at the formatter board. they seem to be generating fine. but not sure how it receives it back and how it is transfered to the micro. I knnow its done through the dvi 28 pin cable. but not sure whats not working. could there be a micro not resetting?

OK, so you bought the TV with same symptoms?

Have you confirmed the lamp in TV?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I bought a new cheap one. then when it didn't work I bought an mits replacement expensive bulb. no luck.
I have took the bulb and the ballast out of the set and put them on the bench and got the bulb to momentary light. but then the set sill shuts right back off in a second or so. the lamp- en signal drops out before it shuts down.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when I bought the set it was running . it needed the color wheel replaced so I got that done. it run about 15 minutes great. then shut down. so no it wasn't like this when I first bought it.

OK, does the color wheel keep sniping when turn On the TV?

Another test is to remove the lamp cover, do you get different error code now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have by passed the lamp cover I have the set out on the bench. yes the color wheel continues to spin fine. it shutting down as soon as you start it. either because of the signal not being received back at the formatter board or it's going into shut down. but if it is going into shut down the I don't understand why because all voltages seem great.
to answer you, yes if I was to pull the lamp door then it does light up the yellow lamp door light on the front panel.

This is odd symptoms and I have never come across such issue so let me repost this question for other experts to have a look, hopefully some one will respond to assist you further.

I'm opting out to repost this question.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you. yes I am a thech as well and Im stupped. thanks for your help though.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
willsome one respond to me here or on my email address?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i don't know if I am supposed to sign out and wait on a email or what? please respond
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thank you. I will sign out then Thanks again.
TV Technician: Master Fix It, Appliance Repair Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Appliance Repair Technician
Phone call session started
Louie, Technician