TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a samsung Model UN60H7150 tv, exactly 2 years old.

Customer Question
The picture went into some...
I have a samsung Model UN60H7150 tv, exactly 2 years old. The picture went into some kind of x-ray mode on all stations. When I hit the menu button the menu bars and instruction come in fine. I have direct tv and my 2nd tv works fine, so I know it is not the feed from direct tv. Do you have any ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/16/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up ;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Do you mean like a negative of a picture ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It still has color, but a negative is a good description

O.k then a negative or solarized would be another one

Anything else beside the direct tv connected ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just direct tv
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still there?

Yes please give me time to type , slow typist at work here , much better with a solder iron

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

O.k then here is something for you to try ;

Pull the satellite box`s power cord off the wall outlet (satr. box only) for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the sat. box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the sat.box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time but watch the screen to see if it appears normal while it reboots

Let me know how that goes .

So far your tv looks fine if the menu shows up normal

Just saw that you did reboot the direct tv box , how did you do that anyway ?

Any luck with that ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I unplugged it. Let it sit for a while. It had the same negative look during the reboot

O.k then not too many things can be wrong here , you either have a defective satellite box or HDMI input but I doubt the latter if your TV's menu shows up correctly .

You would need to try something else on that same input and cable to verify that or perhaps another hdmi cable

Do you have another tv that you could try on this setup or something like a dvd , game etc. on this tv

Are both of your tv `s running off the same satellite receiver ?

O.k then this means one of them is on a tv channel between 60 and 75 and the other connected directly

Which one is this one ?

Is it the main tv ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure. The TV that I am having issues with is the main tv that the direct tv is connected to.

O.k then there is some troubleshooting to be done , namely either trying to switch the cables from one tv to the other for a test or trying some other piece of equipment , even an old vcr would do it

Sorry but there is no clear cut answers here , you will have to do some tests although as I said ,I suspect the direct tv box is the culprit

If disconnecting and/or changing cables is not your cup of tea then you could have the direct tv people come around to take a look and especially if they are the ones that connected this to start with

Whatever you do , do not have them diagnose this online , they are trained to blame your setup first and then you got to prove otherwise

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician